Quality Dental Implants in Fergus
Missing a tooth or multiple teeth can be frustrating. If you are looking for an effective way to replace your missing teeth and rejuvenate your smile and aesthetics, dental implants may be an option for you. At Grand River Dental Centre, we offer reliable dental implants in Fergus to help you regain your oral health and smile with confidence.
We have a team of compassionate, skilled, and dedicated staff who are dedicated to safeguarding your oral health and giving you a comfortable dental restoration experience. Whether you need to replace one or a number of missing teeth, we offer a wide range of implant services to meet your needs. Contact us today for Fergus dental implant treatment you can trust!
CALL US: (519) 843-1991 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants and How Do They Work?
Dental implants are an effective dental replacement option designed to improve dental health, promote healthy jawbone and gums, and mimic the function of natural teeth. A dental implant is made up of three parts:
- A small titanium post that's placed into the jawbone to serve as an artificial root and secure a replacement tooth. The titanium is biocompatible and fuses with surrounding bone to become a permanent part of your jaw structure.
- An abutment, which is a small connector piece between the prosthetic and the implant post. One side is connected to the implant post and the other side supports a dental prosthetic.
- A dental prosthetic, which is used to replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth. It is the visible part of the dental implant and can be a dental crown, denture, or bridge.
The Lasting Benefits of Dental Implants
Replacing a tooth with dental implants offers many advantages for preserving your health and confidence. Restoring your smile with dental implants can:
- Provide the jawbone with stimulation to prevent bone loss
- Maintain the natural structure of your face
- Offer a realistic look and feel
- Restore your ability to bite and chew your favorite foods
- Provide easy hygiene care since the implants are fixed in place
- Promote better oral health and physical health
- Boost your self-confidence and overall quality of life
Our Dental Implant Procedure
Our team routinely provides dental implant placement treatment across a variety of cases, using quality materials, modern technology, and proven techniques for effective results. We can help you achieve renewed dental function, health, and confidence with dental implants in Fergus.
Dental Implant Evaluation: The first step toward getting your implants is an evaluation and consultation with our dentist. We will review your medical history, perform a comprehensive oral exam, and take x-rays and 3D images. This will help us determine if you're a candidate for dental implants. If you qualify, we will discuss your treatment options and create a treatment plan based on the number of teeth you need replaced and the condition of your remaining teeth and jawbone.
Planning Your Implant Treatment With Precision: We use an intraoral camera to capture clear images of different structures in your mouth. We also use panoramic digital x-rays to capture the teeth, jaws, and facial structure in one image. The information obtained allows us to measure your bone volume and depth and plan the optimal location and angle of the implant placement.
Pretreatment Procedures: We may recommend dental extractions if you have teeth that are infected or too badly damaged to restore or preserve. Our dentist will gently remove the tooth to protect your long-term oral health and save as much of the surrounding bone as possible.
Should your jawbone be too thin or brittle to support an implant, we can perform a bone graft to strengthen it. We'll place supplemental donor or synthetic bone material to stimulate the growth of new bone and restore density.
Dental Implant Placement: The next phase of your treatment involves placing dental implants. Our dentist carefully follows your treatment plan to place the implants at optimal location, angle, and depth. The number and location of the implants will depend on how many teeth need replacing and the location of these teeth within your smile. For more complex treatment, more than one visit may be needed to complete your implant placement.
Healing and Final Restoration: In the next few months, the dental implants and jawbone will fuse together to provide a solid base for your new artificial teeth. This process is called osseointegration. Once healing is complete, our Fergus dentist will place your final implant-supported restorations and make any adjustments needed.
Our Implant-Supported Restorations
We offer personalized restorations using reliable materials that will look natural and blend in as part of your smile. Our goal is to provide implant restorations you can count on for years to come. Best of all, even if the restorations become damaged or worn, replacing them is simple and does not require surgery. Our implant-supported restoration options include:
- Crowns to replace one missing tooth. Each crown is attached to its own implant.
- Bridges to replace three or more teeth in a row. It typically requires only two implants.
- Partial dentures to restore multiple missing teeth.
- Full or complete denturesto replace all teeth in your upper or lower jaw.
Experienced and Knowledgeable Implant Dentistry in Fergus
At Grand River Dental Centre, we provide dental implant services that are all-inclusive and personalized to your specific oral health needs and smile goals. You can count on our staff to offer friendly and compassionate care at every stage of your treatment. If you have missing teeth, dental implants can help you enjoy a complete smile, improve your ability to eat and talk comfortably, and live an overall healthier life. Contact our office to schedule a consultation with our dentist today.
CALL US: (519) 843-1991 REQUEST APPOINTMENT